Friday, October 22, 2010

Off to the sewing retreat!

I won't be blogging anything of significance today other than the fact that I'm leaving in about an hour (ack!) for the very first annual New Orleans Modern Quilt Guild Sewing Retreat Weekend. Okay we really need a shorter name for that. LOL. I'm super excited because it will be a blast with all the lovely ladies. There are just 6 of us I think going and we always have such a great time whenever we are together! And we finally get to meet Cherie in person! Yay!

So...no time to chat...must continue packing all my crap..err..projects for the weekend. I have aspirations of getting many things done. I'm sure that I'll get about half of them done. LOL.

So I'll let you know what I accomplished when I get back!



6 comments:

  1. Oooo Ooo Oooo! FUN! The Austin Modern Quilt Guild is trying to plan a quilting retreat for February. October/November is too close to the Houston Quilt Show, not to mention the holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, December-related).

    If you have a chance, we'd love to hear about your adventure and if you have tips to share for other new Modern Quilt Guild retreats, that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to cry! I wanted to go sooooo badly! :( Boo! Sniff. Sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun! Come Wednesday I'll be off to Sydney to have a few days sewing with my sister .... I can't wait! I hope you have a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have made it....if Jimmy was in town I sooo would have tried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Jealous!! first that you are in New Orleans and second you get to escape and sew without interruption.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly and Amy I so wish that you guys could have come! It was so fun to meet Cherie. Darn...we never took a picture of all of us. But I have a hysterical picture of Cherie and one of her quilts. Can't wait to share!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every one that I receive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...