Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Deadlines

Well it's that time again. Time to make a list of all the things that I need to finish by a particular deadline and work on them in order of importance...well or at least work on them! Thankfully I think that I've finally figured out WHAT I am going to make for everyone...now it's just a matter of making it.

So...

Modern Swappers - ship starting Nov 29th for international and Dec 6th for domestic.
* 1 1/2 yards of fabric (can't show them yet! it could give away who my partner is!)

* an item for the sewing room

modern swappers bag - inside view

* another handmade item - finally figured out what I'm doing and I can't wait to get started!


3 x 6 Bee - ship by Dec 15th
* 6 blocks made from the same pattern but in the colors selected by their future owners. I of course did not choose an easy block and am making 6 more versions of this block.

3 x 6 Bee Sample


Mug Rug Swap - ship starting before Nov 21st for international and Nov 22nd for domestic.
* It's been decided...I'm doing a "story" mug rug again. I have the idea for this one and I really hope I can pull it off because I think my secret partner will love it. Can't wait to show you...I don't think she'll guess it is for her. I will be starting on that really soon!



Pillow Talk Swap - ship as soon as completed but within 5 or so weeks (they are so relaxed! LOL)
* I have a large portion of this designed already, but have not yet been able to play with the fabric. But once again I am very excited about the design and eager to work on this! My first time in this swap and I have no idea what to expect!



Ravishing in Red Bee - due by the end of November
* two blocks based off of half square triangles...the pattern looks fun and simple! I'm actually excited to be working on those too. (I think I'm sounding super over excited about things, but I am really am excited to do these things)



Pretty in Pink Bee - due by the end of November
* a house block (I know what I'm doing for that Amy! I think you'll like it!) and another coordinating block...haven't quite figured that out.



Busy Bees - due by the end of November
* a hexagon block for Lynne...must create something fabulous as she always does! This will probably involve hand piecing and I will probably do that on my very long card ride to the home town for Thanksgiving.



Bee Modern Too - due by the end of November
* log cabin style blocks from fabulous solids for Ulrike. I should be able to whip these out! Let's hope so! This list is getting long.



The other big debate is whether to make a quilt from my pretty in pink blocks before Thanksgiving so I can give it to our goddaughter while we are in town for Thanksgiving. But I need to get the other commitments done...so I need to figure out how much work that will be. Hmm...maybe I'll go design that now!


So, needless to say, I have a number of projects ready to be started and completed. Thankfully everything should be done well before Christmas. The bees are all taking December off I think. So then I should have some time to make things on MY list. ;) But that's later...


Off to work!

7 comments:

  1. And while you're busy with your bees, I'm busy practicing my high jump! You'd better believe I'm coming to see your skillz.... What's a quilt guild potluck without a little healthy competition? Eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly, that's a big list!

    I love the boxed bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandi I'm taking you down! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! i am feeling stressed because i need to get my pillow talk swap piece done. and that's it!

    your list is quite huge! best wishes getting it all done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang girl!! You are busy. Im only in one swap for a reason. I can barely keep up with all my bees. lol
    Cant wait to see my house block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh MY GOSH! That list is craaaazy. Thanks, I feel more sane now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that block pattern for the 3 x 6!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every one that I receive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...