Saturday, January 15, 2011

Liebster Award :)

The Liebster blog award? Have you heard of it? For those of you who haven't, it's an award for all of us "little" bloggers with 300 followers or less. The idea is in order to accept the award, you have to pass it on to a few fellow bloggers. Sweet Cherie from Sew and So Quilts has nominated me as one of her top three favorite blogs. Cherie, if you don't know her, is so sweet and generous! She's fairly new to quilting but you wouldn't know it to look at her work!! I'm lucky enough to be in the New Orleans Modern Quilt Guild with her...although she may have branched off to her own because she is unfortunately a couple of hours away from us. :(



So, in no particular order, some of my very favorite "small bloggers" are:

1) Rachel from Stitched in Color has such a lovely blog. She is constantly doing demonstrations for basic and not so basic sewing and quilting skills. Her photography is amazing and definitely adds a very professional touch. At the time that I am writing this, she has 299 official followers...but I'm sure she has more. I think that is part of her recent switch of something on her blog. LOL. But I'm taking advantage of that under 300 number!


2) Kaelin from The Plaid Scottie is one of the most delightful people I know and I'm blessed to call her a friend. We met through the New Orleans Modern Quilt guild and she was one of the very first people I could talk to about Modern Designers. She has a wicked sense of humor (in the best way) and a movie quote for any conversation you can think of. I also happen to know that she has a stash of fabric that would make you all drool! Check out her great tutorials and super generous giveaways! (hmmm...she has just over 300 followers but we'll pretend that we don't know that. LOL)


3) Lizzy House from Lizzy House is one of my favorite designers. Don't ask my why her site has so few followers. Maybe people don't know that it is there! But in addition to obvious talent as a fabric designer, I find that Lizzy is an eternally honest soul about the business of quilting. The ups and the downs. She shares at a very personal level that I really appreciate. And of course I love all of her projects!


That's just a few of my favorite blogs. Check them out! I'm probably not telling you something you don't already know, but these are fabulous ladies. It's worth your time to hear what they have to say.


8 comments:

  1. Great list, those blogs were all new to me and I'm now going to follow them! Thanks! :-) Although I can't figure out how to follow blogs that don't have Google friend connect (like Lizzy House). I know you can follow her on Typepad, but that won't show up on my Blogger dashboard, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be under 300 followers- only just, but did you know 457 subscribers- take a look in google reader- far right, top menu bar click on details, see what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, I know that you've already got it, but I wanted to pay it forward to you too: http://jednoiglec.blogspot.com/2011/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela!

    Thanks for including me! I'm so glad that you like my work! I have well under 300 followers on typepad, but my numbers are pretty up there for subscribers through different facets! I hope more people know about me!

    cheers!
    Lizzy House

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizzy, I know I was probably cheating a bit with you on the award because I couldn't possibly understand how you would have that few followers. LOL. But I went by the letter of the law and not the spirit. I KNOW that a lot more people know about you! But I'm not sure they know how great your blog is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone necessarily assist to make critically posts I'd state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual publish incredible. Magnificent activity!
    Here is my web blog - speed up computer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every one that I receive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...