Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Quilt Story Block Party!

Sounds like fun to me! You can enter blocks that you have made in three separate categories: traditional, modern and creative. I think I've made enough blocks to find something for each of those. ;)


Fresh Poppy Design




For traditional I chose this block I recently made for Sylvia with one of my favorite fabric lines, Modern Meadow!

Spinning star block



For Modern, I chose this block that I recently made for Tacha. All those curves and the fabrics definitely are modern to me!

September Block for Busy Bees for Tacha



And for creative I chose this block that I recently made for Lynne! Another favorite block that I've made and given away! lol

November Hexagon Block for Lynne


It's really quite fun to see what other people are submitting to these categories as well!

19 comments:

  1. Love your blocks!!!! Would love to get my hands on a pattern for that first one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made some good choices and I would love to have the pattern for the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'd love to have a pattern for the first AND the last. They are awesome! (as is the middle one but I love the layered look of the other two). Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks, I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow those are three fabulous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all fabulous, but wow, that block for Tacha is outta this world!!! Did you piece it by hand or machine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. can you pretty please either a) tell me where i can find the pattern for the spiral block for lynne, b) post a tutorial for it, or c) just sell me the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, no, now I have no chance! Waaaaaa. Oh well, I'll still be your friend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Angela! Your blocks are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your blocks look fantastic. I also want to echo the others with, Where can you find the swirl block pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, those blocks are fab! The fabrics are cool too ;) I've always been a fan of the last block pattern - never have found out how to make it ! ..tutorial maybe? (hint hint heehee)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite block is the hexagon......but they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These block are all gorgeous! I escpecially like your traditional block. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blocks are wonderful - would like having the patterns. I submitted two of my own - traditional and creative - I am awed by the other blocks like yours. This is the first time I entered any contest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing the block party. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your star block (the first picture) is beautiful and my very favorite. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that first block - the star with Modern Meadow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So neat.. Straight and even.. Wish I could do this one day :-)
    regards
    aga

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yours were all sooo great!! I especially love your traditional!! Thanks so much for submitting for the block party, we really had so much fun so THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every one that I receive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...