Sunday, November 20, 2011

12 Days of Christmas

No, I'm not going to sing the song for you...although I do a mean Miss Piggie version of "5 Golden Rings! Ba dum dum dum!". I've been working on another project for the the Savvy Seasons Swap over at Flickr. I also made the Christmas Apron for my partner and now I've pulled out another Christmas fabric that I had from last year and am working with it. At our first quilting retreat, Cherie generously shared a bunch of Kate Spain's 12 days of Christmas fabrics with us and I can't remember who I had to fight off...whether it was Karen or Mandi, but I was determined to get the panel from the line. I'm not quite sure why either. I must have REALLY been in the Christmas mood. lol


The panel is darling but I didn't have a plan for it...but I do now. ;) I'll share the final product idea when I'm further along, but so far I've cut up the panel and have turned each block into a scrappy wonky star with the panel piece in the center. So that gives me 12 blocks. And I happily have reached into my scraps for the whole thing!! Woohoo!



A Partridge in a Pear Tree

A Partridge in a Pear Tree




Two Turtle Doves

Savvy Seasons Swap - 12 Days of Christmas





Three French Hens

Savvy Seasons Swap - 12 Days of Christmas





Four Calling Birds


Savvy Seasons Swap - 12 Days of Christmas





Five Golden Rings


Savvy Seasons Swap - 12 Days of Christmas





Six Geese a Laying


Savvy Seasons Swap - 12 Days of Christmas





Seven Swans a Swimming


Savvy Seasons Swap - 12 Days of Christmas






Eight Maids a Milking


Savvy Seasons Swap - 12 Days of Christmas




Nine Ladies Dancing


Savvy Seasons Swap - 12 Days of Christmas






Ten Lords a Leaping


Savvy Seasons Swap - 12 Days of Christmas





Eleven Pipers piping


Savvy Seasons Swap - 12 Days of Christmas





Twelve Drummers Drumming


Savvy Seasons Swap - 12 Days of Christmas





Phew! That was a lot of work! Enjoyable and relaxing...but even wonky quilting I do precisely. ;) I'm just not a speedy quilter.


Do you have a favorite block? I change my mind all the time... I sort of love how the fabric in #9 looks like ruffles on a tutu for the dancing lady. And how the AH fabric in #11 has a mod sound feel to it for the piping. But they're all fun to me!


25 comments:

  1. Oh that is CUTE! What a great way to use a panel. Can't wait to see the whole quilt put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well so far what you've come up with is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ca-ute! Those wonky stars really capture the whimsical spirit of the panel quite nicely! I have a couple of these panels as well. I'll add this setting to my idea file.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the way you've used the panel prints...those blocks are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful Angela! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these, Angela! Cute wonky star shape. Those details you pointed out are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Those were odd-size blocks on the panel, so this is perfect! Love your use of solids, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a dish towel at crate and barrel this season. love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!!! 9 and 10 are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen that 12 Days of Christmas fabric, and I love it. I have a granddaughter for whom that song is particularly special. Last year I gave her a charm necklace with all those characters on it. It would be wonderful to make a quilt with the same theme. Thanks for sharing so I can look for the material!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like all the blocks, wish I had thought of something like this for my block of month on my blog. :)

    Have a great week!

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am LOVING this! I'm also loving that you stuck to your stash! I can never seem to do that... I need some more solids, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are ADORABLE!! I love how christmasy it all looks although you don't actually use holiday fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. super cute angela. what a fun idea for a christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like 8 the best. I love the panel though. I might just need to find me one :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great way to set the squares. love that stripe fabric. My favorite are the leaping lords.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had to google for the panel and found it in its entirety. You sure did make good use of it. I like how you preserved a wee bit of the stripes before cutting out the squares. And star points all from scraps--extra brownie points for that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice job of shopping your own stash! The 12 Stars of Christmas is (are?) great!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice! Yeah, I think my favorite has to be the maids a milking block. The back of the cow cracks me up. ;) I love your star blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute. I did some poking around in my Christmas stash and I have the panel too! Whoot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every one that I receive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...