Friday, December 16, 2011

Trying to Keep Warm...Brr!

It's decidedly more cold in Indiana than it was in Louisiana. No one will deny that. So I'm readjusting myself to the chilly weather. When I saw Kerry post a scarf that she made recently, I got on the Kerry train and made one for myself that afternoon. And I've barely taken it off since!


I'm a math geek, so I'll call this by its math name, A Mobius Scarf. But others may know it as an infinity scarf (also math!) or a figure 8 scarf (still math!).



Mobius Scarf




I made it from the tutorial that Kerry mentioned on her blog. Super simple and so very satisfying. Just a 1/4 yard of 54" wide voile and flannel is needed to make it!



Me and my Mobius Scard




It's hard to take a picture of yourself with a camera! lol I tried again with my iphone but the picture quality is a bit different. ;)


My own möbius scarf!




These are so quick to make that I decided to make one as a gift for a party I'm going to Monday night where we are exchanging homemade gifts. I have no idea what other people are making...but not very many people sew so I think that I'm safe with this gift.



Mobius Scarf




I hope that they love it as much as I love mine! I'm serious when I said that I rarely take mine off now! lol



Mobius Scarf




13 comments:

  1. Love that scarf and I like those pics of you too - cool and contemplative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wearing mine as I write! I really love the yellow saffron in yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks gorgeous, love the fabrics! I just got some voile and heavy-weight cotton tartan to make my mum a scarf as part of her Christmas pressie. I may need to go back and get myself some now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brr...maybe I need to make one for myself before we travel to Indiana next week! What width did you make it? I made one (velveteen and voile) using AMH's tutorial last year. I think her instructions used a 18-inch width, and i felt like it was going to swallow me alive. Yours looks much more comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great....love the fabric you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so pretty - what a wonderful gift for your party!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the fabrics and the pictures of you are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous scarf! And what beautiful photos of you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a fantastic accessory no matter how many math names you call it. My body temperature goes up by several degrees when I wear something around my neck which I do regularly even in the house. I have short hair and a long neck but I'm not a giraffe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty on your Angela. I like the second picture. Looks like a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made an infinity scarf this winter too and you just reminded me that I need to blog about it!!! Yours looks so pretty, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so pretty Angela. Love the fabrics you chose and I bet the lucky recipient of the flannel one loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have these fabrics and I really need to make me one of these! For myself. :) Your looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every one that I receive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...