Monday, April 16, 2012

Input Please!

So as I think about my new house and all of the designs and decorating I would like to do, I am struck by the fact that there are so many fabulous fabrics that I want to put around the house.  However I don't want to sew everything.  I have bunches of ideas, new or acquired, that I want to incorporate into my home that use fabric in a less "traditional" way.


Which got me thinking...while in the bathtub....all of my great ideas  come while in the bathtub.  I think that is where my brain is the clearest!  lol

Anywho, it got me thinking about what I wanted to share with you and my future projects.  Which led to me to thinking about all of the things that you must all be doing with fabric that don't involve sewing or a minimal amount of sewing.  And I want to hear about it and see it.


So I want to start a new series on my blog that focuses on ways to use fabric that involve no sewing or very little sewing.  But it makes use of all those beautiful fabrics we own or drool over.  And I want YOU to be involved.  I'd love to feature some of you with your own tutorials about these things.


Here's the deal...

• we need a cool name...and moving and being sick etc, have made me lose my creative ability in that capacity for the moment.  So let's brain storm some names.  Think "fabric minus sewing" or something like that.

• I want to hear from you about YOUR tutorials.  Your idea does not need to be original but your tutorial does.  Perhaps there is something you have pinned on pinterest that you've been dying to try or something you've seen and said "I can totally make that myself".  Well put together a project idea and talk to me about it (you can email me) and we'll see if it is the right fit for this series.

• Does a tutorial sound scary?  That's totally normal.  So I'm going to....wait for it....write a TUTORIAL on HOW to write a tutorial.  Ironic?  Yes.  Helpful?  Absolutely!



Okay!  So let's brainstorm!  We need an awesome name and then we can  have a fun blog badge.  I'll even make sure we have one of those "I've been featured on....(whatever name we decide)" because I know we all love to have those.  Teehee!  And then let me know your ideas!



I'm moving in two(!) days, so internet access may be sketchy from here to there.  But I'll try to get back to you promptly.  Tutorial on tutorials coming soon!


Oh and here's a shot of the first piece of wall paper that went up in my sewing room...just half of one wall was covered to cover some current (or shall we say "not current") wall paper. ;)  It's slowly becoming MY space!


Wallpaper in my new sewing room ...  It's going to be a lot better!




21 comments:

  1. I wish I could claim these ideas but I have to say that my favourite little or no sew fabric projects come from here: http://cinderberrystitches.typepad.com/cinderberrystitches/
    Natalie has used her fabric in the most unusual and amazing ways. I especially love the canvas art.
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about 'Fabric without Stitches' Dorcas name. I must say I love lampshades covered in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about 'Fabric without Stitches' Dorcas name. I must say I love lampshades covered in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would "Needle-less to Sew" work???? Great idea! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds neat. I'm excited about the tutorial tutorial. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez, you want me to think, and on a MONDAY?! Well okay then, just for you... How about 'Front Up Fabric'. As for tutes, I'll get pondering...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wallpaper rocks my socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea! love the wall paper !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Threadless, Threadbare, Just Fab(ric) (like Just Jack from Will and Grace), Sew-less (say it out loud)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok...so originally I put out there..."sew simple" there you go...my thought for the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Name: Drape.

    It relates to home decor, implying window treatments, and to fabric itself, how it hangs when we do nothing or just a little to it.

    Good luck with your move and your new venture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. No Sew Modern Makeover is my name idea! Can't wait to hear more about this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Patchwork and Play's suggestion of Need-less to Sew. Clever! I'm doing another catchup on your posts, so hello! And that wall paper! Oooh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How about "Without a Stitch"?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Angela,
    Like you, we'll be moving to our new home soon too. It's now under construction. There are so many ideas running through my head on decorating our home. I have so many cross-stitch pictures, patchworks that I've made and art from my children that I would like to display around the house. I've pictured everything in my mind already, now just have to put it into action.

    Good luck with your new home and may it bring you lots of love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are some very good ideas for the name out there. Personally, I've done some no-sew projects around my house. My fav's include - adhesive backed Velcro, double sided carpet tape (for heavy duty projects), double sided scrapbooking tape - for lighter projects, "Wonder tape" basting tape for folding over raw edges. Lots of spray starch. Mod Podge, Elastic incasings. Magnetic cafe curtain rods. Even - using window screens - rplace the screening with fabric and then reinsert the rubber gasket to hold it in - a no glue method for making panels. You are going to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. No names from me, but I do think its a great idea for a series!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How about Sew Little.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every one that I receive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...