Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trying to Keep Up

Okay guys...I'm just trying to stay on top of things here.

I had to go find my local comic book store because I needed more comic book boards for my fabric.  My story is that I'm wrapping more fabric around those than I had previously and NOT that I've acquired too much fabric.  That's definitely the story I'm telling my husband.  And he's reading this, so he knows. ;)


Headway is being made on unpacking the sewing room but I kind of want to have it all set up and pretty before I do a grand reveal.  So that may be another week.  But threads are in place and books are on shelves...and I even, or rather my husband, unpacked the new sewing machine!


Finally unpacking the new machine



And you'll probably think I'm funny but I haven't even tried to use it yet.  I just don't have the mental energy to tackle learning a new machine yet with all of the other unpacking to do.  But I'll be sure to let you all know what I think of it!



Oh and Bianca asked me to be a judge for her Patchwork Prism Quilt Along that I blogged about earlier.  Remember, you could win that lovely sewing machine!!

And she posted that lovely discount code for the Fat Quarter Shop!  You can get 20% off  just use the code: AnnaMariaQAL starting today until May 8th!



Okay, signing off for now...hopefully soon I'll be sewing again.  I've already decided that I need a new pretty ironing board cover to match my new sewing room. ;)



9 comments:

  1. Hope you love the new machine. I've found that when doing free motion, you need to turn the tension from Auto to 6. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot of learning! Have fun in your new space with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same machine! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting so far with the unpacking! I totally know what you mean about the new machine, I had mine nearly a week before I could sit down and really learn about it, and I made myself read the manual too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. unpacking is just AGONY... hopefully it will be done ..soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathe in, breathe out. repeat often. The unpacking takes lots of time. I can't wait to see your new office and what you do with your new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's OK to be a little jealous, right? Can't wait to see the new sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same sewing machine!! I LOVE it -- you will too, when you are able to relax and enjoy it. Have fun setting up your new room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, she's lovely! Enjoy getting to know her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There really is no learning curve on this machine unless you want to program some stitches into it. Just thread her and go for it. She sews like a dream! :) I will add that if you did not receive the stitch in the ditch Accufeed foot or the 1/4" Accufeed you should purchase them because they are a huge help when sewing layers. For several months I just used the regular feet and didn't think much of it then one day I used the Accufeed foot and WOW what a difference a foot makes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every one that I receive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...