Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Moving into a new house always throws us for a loop when it comes to decorating for the holidays.  You have to find a new "home" for your decorations again...some can go about where they were before and others are totally flipped around.  I'd say we've gone with a moderate decorating scheme this year: not as simple as some recent years but not as glam as some others.


Wreath I made last year!

wreath I made last year from felt


We've decided to host our Christmas party once again.  It's been 3 years since we've hosted and on Monday my daughter will turn 3.  Coincidence?  I think not. ;)  So decorating the house always takes on a different priority when getting ready for our party.  We go all out with cocktails and food...it's a good time.


Mantel decorations

mantel decorations


It's hard to capture the beauty of Christmas lights, but trust me it's pretty and glittery and sparkly.  My three year want-to-be princess is in heaven! lol  This is really the first year that we've been able to decorate in her memory.  I'll have to see if any of the pictures I took of her decorating a Christmas tree for the first time came out.  It was a riot!  She had put all them in a row on the bottom branches.

Sprinklings of Christmas

A happy winter bathroom



Our Cat is especially excited to have all the decorations out as well.  I had forgotten how much she loves them.  My poor husband has a house full of girls who love things that sparkle!  I think Tabitha thinks we put the tree up just for her.  She plays under it and chews on the branches (they're artificial) and sleeps on the Christmas tree skirt.

Someone thinks we put the tree up just for her

Tabitha playing under the tree



I *think* we're done decorating...there is certainly enough glitter everywhere!!

Reason for glitter all over my house




Oh yeah...and I put the nativity in the bar.  Because that's how we roll around here.  Hey! It's a pretty piece of furniture.  Don't judge. ;)

The nativity with the bar. That's how we roll in this house!




Back to sewing.  I have a Mario Quilt to finish.  I'm headed off to Brenda's Quilt Camp this weekend and my only sewing goal is to finish that quilt.  It's a Christmas gift and this is it's allotted time. So hopefully I'll have a finished quilt to show you all next week!  Wish me luck!


13 comments:

  1. Looks pretty, Angela!! If your cat tends to climb the tree, hang bells on the bottom branches and you'll always know when she starts up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the bar nativity. My middle son turned 3 in September, so he is really jazzed about the decorations too. Unfortunately for him we haven't gone all out, because he has an infant brother and I just don't feel 100% gung ho this year. It all looks beautiful; your guests will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. I'm amazed that our tabby hasn't yet been under my tree... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BAHAHAH the nativity scene in the bar is aMAZing. i have that nativity scene, too - love it! i've been considering putting ours in the china cabinet because it's out of reach of tiny fingers. and i worry about the future of our christmas tree with a toddler running around - we'll see! too cute about the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Christmas party! Hope all is well, Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the decorations! My cat love adores napping under the tree. Which is better than him terrorizing the Nativity scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy and festive is how I perceive your home this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROFLMAO, love the nativity in the bar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, Jesus' first recorded miracle was turning water in to wine, so I doubt he'd mind a little delicious Bailey's being poured in His honor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great Christmas decorations..i am loving it specially the designs..i am pretty much excited for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your felt wreath is very pretty, love the red rose. What time should be at your house for the party? Haha. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, cute kitty. I'd be tempted to have a tree for her year round :)
    Love the spot for the nativity scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every one that I receive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...