Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Volunteer Help Needed


Hey all! I just wanted to help promote one of what I am sure is many different projects out there for those directly affected by the recent shootings.

Jean from www.quiltinggranny.blogspot.com is heading up a group making a quilt for one of the 11 communications operators in Newtown. She is looking for 9 quilters to volunteer to make a bit larger than lap sized quilt.


It needs to be completed by mid-late January for personal delivery by February. If interested, please Email her, compassionatequilter@rocketmail.com, and she will send you more details!


I know that some of you are looking for a way to give just a little something to all those who have suffered. So this may be the perfect fit for you.


Let's Shower the world with love and take it back from those who would harm it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip about the call for help - I contacted Jean and have volunteered to make a quilt for one of the "communications officers". I used to be one of those - AKA 911 police & fire dispatcher - many years ago and I cannot even imagine handling a mass casualty incident like what happened in Connecticut.

    I also made some pillow cases because of something I saw on Bonnie Hunter's blog (Quiltville) calling for 600 pillow cases to give to the surviving children of Sandy Hook Elementary School. It gives me something to do while I can't sleep....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post!.. I've emailed Jean and My mom and I have both volunteered!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every one that I receive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...