Wednesday, January 30, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things

Sometimes it strikes me as I go about reading through my blog list of blogs I follow that you might not all follow them too.  Imagine that?  ;)    I bet we all have favorite quilters we follow...I know I do!  But there are some other blogs I follow too that are design or sewing orientated that you may or may not know about.


True Up

Run by Kim Kight, I find that this is THE place to be to read about upcoming fabric lines.  She is on top of the current trends of the fabric world and shares it with all of us.  I read this blog avidly.  It's also the perfect place to keep up to date on what has been revealed at Quilt Market each fall and spring.  She has a collection of guest bloggers who help make sure that the different designers from across the world are well represented and their products are shown.


Erin McMorris' new line Moxie as seen on True Up


Print and Pattern

This is a blog run out of the UK full of design inspiration from all parts of life.  She covers cards, stationary, gift wrap, fabric, ceramics and more.  Because obviously design doesn't just come on fabric or in quilt patterns.  I love to see the collection of things she gathers and all the places that inspiration strikes.  She also frequently features new, unknown designers and their work as a way to help give them a little publicity and be seen by the world.


Design by Tammie Bennett as seen on Print and Pattern


There are some others, but I'd love to hear about the blogs and websites you all follow for design and inspiration that aren't necessarily quilting related!


5 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea! I look forward to avoiding work this afternoon while checking these blogs out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Design Sponge for inspiring posts, especially the ones where they have sneak peaks into arty people's homes, sheer bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Designvagabond. She finds some really interesting and inspiring stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun! I'm going to check these out now. Print and Pattern looks especially neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MADE - danamadeit.com
    SEW MAMA SEW - sewmamasew.com
    MBS - modebakeshop.com
    STITCHERY DICKORY DOCK - stitcherydickorydock.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate every one that I receive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...